The Department of Investment Policy and Development of Public-Private Partnerships (hereinafter referred to as the Department) is a structural subdivision of the central office of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, its function is to ensure the development of state policy, laws and regulations related to investment activities, including the placement of Russian capital abroad, the area of public-private partnerships, as well as, within the authority of the Ministry, the area of depreciation policy.
- develops proposals on issues of state investment policy which is aimed at increasing the investment attractiveness of the Russian economy, increasing the flow of investment into the economy of the Russian Federation, improving and maintaining a favorable investment image of the Russian Federation abroad, creating favorable conditions for the activities of Russian investors abroad and removing obstacles to attracting foreign investment in the Russian economy;
- takes part in the operation of intergovernmental commissions on investment issues;
- coordinates the activities of federal executive bodies to attract foreign direct investment to the economy of the Russian Federation;
- provides organizational support for the activities of the Foreign Investment Advisory Council in Russia under the Government of the Russian Federation;
- participates in the preparation and implementation of events to promote the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum;
- assists in the implementation of investment projects, including the ones where foreign investors are involved;
- organizes the participation of representatives of executive authorities of the Russian Federation and the administration of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation in international economic and investment events in order to attract investment in the Russian economy and support the development of Russian investments abroad;
- develops proposals for improving and expanding the forms of public-private partnerships in the field of investment, including the development of regulatory legal acts and the development of legislation on concession agreements;
- provides training, selection and monitoring of projects implemented on the basis of public-private partnership mechanisms;
- participates in negotiations with international financial organizations to ensure the signing of international agreements on the implementation of joint projects;
- prepares conclusions whether investment projects, integrated investment projects and concession projects of national importance, carried out in the framework of public-private partnerships, comply with the objectives of the social and economic development of the Russian Federation and state investment for the medium term, as well as with sector development strategies approved by the Government of the Russian Federation;
- monitors the preparation and implementation of projects carried out with the participation of international financial organizations in the established area of the Ministry’s activities;
- participates in the operation of interdepartmental commissions and councils for projects implemented with the participation of international financial organizations;
- coordinates the activities related to the preparation and holding of the annual St. Petersburg International Economic Forum;
- organizes the reception of citizens, ensures timely and full consideration of oral and written appeals of citizens, the adoption of decisions on them and sending responses to applicants within the period established by the legislation of the Russian Federation.