The Department for the Development of Economic Sectors
is a structural subdivision of the central staff of the Economy Ministry of Russia responsible for monitoring and analyzing the condition and development prospects of the development of industrial sectors, the fuel and energy complex, transportation, agriculture, fishery, information and communication technology, within the Ministry’s terms of reference, as well as forecasting their development in the short, medium and long term.
Within its terms of reference, the Department performs the following functions:
- drafting regulations, programs, strategies, plans for events and other documents aimed at boosting the development of the industrial sectors, the fuel and energy complex, transportation, agriculture, fishery, information and communication technology;
- preparing short-, medium- and long-term socioeconomic development forecasts for particular economic sectors; analyzing the condition and prospects of development, restrictions and development opportunities for economic entities in particular economic sectors, within the Ministry’s competence;
- developing the system of forecast balances for key products in industrial sectors, the fuel and energy complex, agriculture and fishery;
- preparing annual, quarterly and monthly reports on the economic development of particular economic sectors, in cooperation with the Ministry’s structural divisions;
- preparing, according to the established procedure, opinions on the drafts of federal and departmental target programs aimed at boosting the development of the economic sectors within the Department’s terms of reference; if necessary, the Department can also organize the expert examination of such projects;
- preparing proposals for the structural, energy, food, investment, innovative and other areas of state policy aimed at developing certain economic sectors, in cooperation with the Ministry’s structural divisions;
- developing, applying and maintaining the All-Russian Classifier of the Types of Economic Activity, Products and Services and the All-Russian Classifier of Economic Regions and All-Russian Classifier of the Types of Economic Activity;
- establishing fuel regimes and issuing resolutions on request from the executive authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, to determine fuel types for enterprises and fuel-consuming devices.