Department of Strategic Management, Government Programs and Investment Projects
is a subdivision of the Economy Ministry’s central staff responsible for hammering out and implementing Russia’s social and economic development programs, determining state policy and regulation guidelines for assessing the productivity and efficiency of the performance of governmental agencies, and scientific, research and technology innovative activities.
The following tasks fall within the department’s terms of reference:
- formulating state policies and regulating the drafting and implementation of social and economic development programs of Russia;
- working out social and economic development programs of Russia and monitoring the performance of the action plans (implementation plans) of the Government of Russia aimed at carrying out the programs in question, as well as other action plans (implementation plans) of the Government of Russia within the department’s area of responsibility;
- providing technical guidance for the work on reports which wrap up the results and key lines of activities of entities involved in budget planning insofar as the setting of goals, objectives, and performance targets for entities involved in budget planning, as well as the development of guidelines for delivering reports on the results and key lines of activities of entities involved in budget planning are concerned;
- providing technical guidance on the development and approval of roadmaps for projects aimed at implementing the Key Areas of Activities of the Government of Russia for the period until 2012 (hereinafter, the “projects”), and on the drawing up of reports on the projects’ progress;
- holding assessments of project roadmaps and proposals to revise them;
- ensuring the research and information support for the activities of the governmental commission on improving the Russian economy’s resilience;
- monitoring and analyzing social and economic processes in the area of research, scientific and technical, and innovative activities, nanotechnology, as well as monitoring, analyzing and assessing the effect of governmental policy regarding the spheres in question on Russia’s social and economic development and drafting proposals to improve it;
- coordinating the operations of the ministry’s subdivisions related to organizing and holding tenders, placing orders, and awarding government contracts for research, design and development activities on behalf of the ministry.
- organizational and documentation support for the activities of the management of the ministry and its subdivisions. Ensuring control over implementation practices; arranging for short-term and real time planning for the ministry’s operations; covering protocol formalities for the ministry’s leadership; stockpiling, storage, record-keeping and use of archives resulting from the activities of the ministry and its foreign staff.
- Ministry information support
- Information and technological support for the activities of the ministry and its subdivisions, including the deployment and advancement of cutting edge information technology with the ministry’s central and foreign staff.
- Logistics support
- Ensuring logistics support and transport service for the activities of the leadership of the ministry and its units; the maintenance and management of the ministry’s office buildings.
- State and official secrets protection
- Arranging for and implementing measures to protect state and official secrets and ensure information security; organizing special communication. Special economic issues in national security protection. Physical, engineering and special security for the ministry’s foreign staff.
- Mobilization training and civil defense. Regulation of the national stockpile for the purposes of the economy Organizing and holding the ministry’s mobilization training and civil defense events. Control over and coordination of the operations of the federal services and agencies subordinated to the ministry related to mobilization training, coordination of the activities of institutions subordinated to the ministry regarding civil defense issues. Ensuring the formulation of a unified governmental policy on managing the national stockpiles of tangible resources.