The Department for Support of Asia-Pacific Region’s Projects is a structural subdivision of the central office of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation which is responsible for coordinating economic cooperation between the Russian Federation and the countries of the Asia-Pacific region, supporting the implementation of trade and investment projects.
Within the limits of its authority, the Department ensures:
- coordination of the priorities of work on the issues related to trade and economic cooperation with the APR countries;
- development of promising areas of trade and investment cooperation with the APR countries, assistance in resolving issues related to overcoming foreign economic barriers;
- participation in the work on monitoring and analysis of economic and investment policy measures in the APR countries, and of their impact on the social and economic development of the Russian Federation;
- providing information on trade and investment cooperation with the APR countries;
- support and accompaniment of Russian projects in the APR countries and investment projects of companies from the APR countries in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- participation in shaping the position of the Russian Federation on trade and economic agreements with the APR countries;
- coordination of work with the Business Councils, as well as with the scientific and expert community, participation and support in holding business forums and conferences on cooperation with the APR countries;
- coordination of the implementation of concept consisting in matching the integration of the Eurasian Economic Union and China’s Silk Road Economic Belt project.